2" Trailer Ball (1" x 2-1/4" Shank, 12,000 lbs., Chrome)
Free Shipping! (US and Canada only)
This item is currently experiencing unusually long shipping times.
- Fits 2" couplers and accepts up to 12,000 lbs. GTW
- Constructed from high-strength, hot-forged steel
- Heat-treated for optimum wear resistance
- Protected by a durable chrome-plated finish
- Zinc-plated hex nut and helical lock washer for secure mounting
- Features fine threads for superior holding strength
- Tested for safety to meet U.S. VESC V-5 specifications
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- The mounting platform must be at least 3/8" thick, and the hole size must not be more than 1/16" larger in diameter than the threaded shank
- CURT part number: 40038
Out of the monotony comes one name that rises above all others. CURT trailer balls are designed for strength, ease of use and, ultimately, to get you to your destination without hassle. CURT 2" trailer hitch balls are constructed from quality steel and are made with precision to fit your 2" trailer coupler like a hand in a glove. They are able to tow most standard-duty and heavy-duty trailers such as utility trailers, boat trailers, campers, livestock trailers and recreational vehicle trailers for hauling ATVs, snowmobiles, personal watercraft and more. These tow balls are an excellent extension of your class 3 or class 4 trailer hitch and ball mount, and are the ideal choice for most pickup trucks and SUVs (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc).This particular 2" trailer ball offers a ball capacity of 12,000 lbs. It features a 1" shank diameter, a 2-1/4" shank length, 0" of rise and a nickel-chrome finish to protect against rust and scratches. With its fine-threaded shank, this 2" trailer ball also offers an added measure of holding strength and provides smooth installation and torqueing. To give you peace of mind while towing to that next destination, we also carefully test our trailer balls and ensure that each one meets U.S. VESC specifications.
- RELIABLE STRENGTH. This trailer hitch ball is rated to tow up to 12,000 pounds gross trailer weight. It is constructed from hot-forged, heat-treated steel for maximum towing strength and absolute confidence on the road ahead.
- PRECISE FIT. This tow hitch ball has a 2-inch diameter to fit virtually any 2-inch coupler. The ball shank has a 1-inch diameter and measures 2-1/4 inches long for secure attachment to a trailer hitch ball mount.
- CORROSION-RESISTANT. For long-lasting resistance to rain, dirt and rust, this hitch ball is finished in a durable, protective chrome plating.
- SECURE INSTALL. For dependable strength, this trailer hitch ball comes with a zinc-plated hex nut and helical lock washer. It also has fine threads for an enhanced hold on the ball hitch (250 lb.-ft. torque required).
- TESTED FOR SAFETY. To promote the highest level of safety while towing, this CURT tow ball is tested to U.S. VESC specifications.
|Country of Origin||China|
|Gross Trailer Weight (GTW)||12,000 lbs.|
|Quantity In Package||1|
|Sales Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||40038|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More