5/16" Safety Latch Clevis Hook (14,000 lbs.)
Free Shipping! (US and Canada only)
- Quickly and easily connects safety chains from trailer to tow vehicle
- Exclusive design and spring-loaded safety latch help ensure secure attachment
- Meets requirements for high-test, transport and alloy chain
- Rated for 14,000 lbs. gross trailer weight (each hook must meet or exceed the GTW)
- Grade-43 rating for increased tensile strength and abrasion resistance
- Hook pin and cotter pin provide an easy, secure attachment to safety chain
- Constructed from high-strength, heat-treated, forged steel
- Protected by a durable yellow zinc-plated finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- CURT part number: 81550
There are always some factors on the road you cannot control -- an irresponsible driver, adverse weather conditions -- but one thing you can control is the type of towing equipment you use. Just because there are threats out there, doesn't mean your towing adventures need to be dangerous. CURT offers a variety of towing safety products -- including safety chains, safety cables, hooks, links and more -- to make sure you have confidence to Bring It and trustworthy equipment to Bring It safely. CURT clevis hooks are heavy-duty hooks for connecting safety chains or transport binder chain. Meeting the requirements for high-test, transport and alloy chain, clevis hooks are perfect for latching down heavy cargo and securing large loads in commercial and industrial applications. They feature a forged, heat-treated steel construction to ensure long-lasting wear resistance, and they come with a durable zinc finish to outlast the elements. This particular clevis hook has a hook size of 3/4" and offers a gross trailer weight capacity of 14,000 lbs. It comes with a hook pin and cotter pin for solid attachment to a chain link or cable loop, and it also features a spring-loaded safety latch. Similar to a quick link, the safety latch allows for a safety chain connection that won't come loose from vehicle vibrations or jarring on uneven terrain. Remember, when attaching safety chains, the chains should be cross underneath the trailer coupler, and each hook and chain must be rated to meet or exceed the gross weight of the trailer.
- RELIABLE STRENGTH. With high-strength, forged steel construction and precision heat treatment, this clevis hook is rated for heavy-duty loads up to 14,000 lbs. gross trailer weight.
- READY TO WORK. This chain clevis hook is great for connecting heavy-duty safety chains or securing transport binder chains. It meets requirements for high-test, transport and alloy chain.
- SECURE ATTACHMENT. This clevis grab hook has a grade-43 rating, offering enhanced tensile strength, increased resistance to abrasion, and instilling greater confidence in your towing rig.
- QUICK RELEASE. This clevis slip hook is equipped with a spring-loaded latch for secure attachment and quick release as needed. The base is also easy to attach to a safety chain or strap, featuring a strong hook pin and cotter pin.
- CORROSION-RESISTANT. To promote long-lasting use and dependable strength for miles to come, this clevis hook is finished with a durable zinc plating. It resists rain, dirt, snow, mud and other corrosive elements.
|Gross Trailer Weight (GTW)||14,000 lbs.|
|Quantity In Package||1|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Sales Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||81550|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More