Ball And Pintle Combination (1-7/8" Ball, 6,000 lbs. Ball Capacity)
Free Shipping! (US and Canada only)
- Mounts on any CURT adjustable pintle mount
- Couples to 1-7/8" couplers or lunette eyes with a 2-1/2" or 3" inside diameter
- Adjustable pintle mount allows for precise trailer leveling
- Spring-loaded locking arm for secure coupling
- Constructed from solid, forged steel for superior strength
- Protected by a durable powder coat finish
- Changeable trailer ball features a hard chrome finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Includes 1-7/8" pintle ball, safety pin and bolt kit
- CURT part number: 48180
In agriculture, construction and even military applications, pintle hitches are the trusted product of specialized towing. They are notorious for their high weight capacity and simple design. The basic pintle hitch is essentially a hook and loop, with the hook attached to the vehicle and the loop mounted on the trailer. Because of their simple design, pintle hitches are able to have thicker metal construction and more secure coupling. CURT combination ball and pintle hitches combine both a pintle hook and a standard trailer ball to give you a more complete towing option on your heavy-duty truck or SUV. Combination ball and pintle mounts are available with a shank to mount on a receiver or in the adjustable style to mount on a channel or plate. This particular CURT combination pintle and ball mounts features a ball capacity of 6,000 lbs. and a pintle capacity of 16,000 lbs. (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc). It fits any lunette ring with a 2-1/2" inside eye diameter and features a changeable 2" trailer ball with a hard chrome finish. A safety pin and bolt kit are also included in this package. The heavyweight towing done with pintle hitches implies a certain amount of wear and tear on your towing equipment, and to prepare for this, CURT uses a quality finish on all our pintle mounts, lunette eyes and combination pintle hitches. This combination ball/pintle hook is coated in a black powder coat finish to provide the perfect amount of rust and scratch resistance needed to face the heavy-duty towing you do every day.
- VERSATILE TOWING. This ball and pintle hitch combination equips your pickup truck to tackle a variety of heavy-duty towing jobs. The 1-7/8-inch diameter trailer ball can be coupled to a standard 1-7/8-inch trailer coupler or a lunette ring with a 2-1/2-inch to 3-inch inside diameter.
- SECURE CONNECTION. To ensure a reliable connection to your trailer, this pintle hitch comes with a spring-loaded arm. The arm locks down onto the hitch ball and can be secured with the included safety pin.
- DEPENDABLE STRENGTH. Get more done with the superior towing capacity of this ball and pintle hook combo. It is rated for a pintle capacity of 16,000 lbs. and a ball capacity of 6,000 lbs. The body is constructed from solid forged steel to promote maximum towing strength and confidence on the job.
- WEATHER-RESISTANT. This ball and pintle hook hitch is shielded in a highly durable powder coat finish for long-lasting resistance to rust, chipping and UV damage, in spite of rain, snow, mud and other outdoor elements.
- EASY TO INSTALL. This pintle ball hitch is easy and secure to install, using the included bolt kit. It is designed to mount onto any CURT pintle mount, including an adjustable pintle hitch mounting plate for convenient height adjustment and level towing (pintle mount sold separately).
|Quantity In Package||1|
|Gross Trailer Weight (GTW)||6,000 lbs.|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Sales Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||48180|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More