CURT CrossWing 20K 5th Wheel Hitch for Industry-Standard Rails
Free Shipping! (US and Canada only)
The CURT CrossWing 5th wheel hitch perfectly balances competitive weight capacity with a lightweight design. The main body only weighs 60 lbs, yet it is able to offer a 20K gross trailer weight rating, backed by SAE J2638 testing.
- Premium steel construction offers robust 20,000-lb. capacity
- Features patent-pending ShockDrop technology to reduce jerking and jarring
- Reinforced head connection point for superior strength and peace of mind
- Easy, one-person installation and removal (fits industry-standard rails)
- 65% lighter than most traditional 5th wheel hitches (main body weighs 60 lbs.)
- Unique coupling system eliminates guesswork by offering visible contact surface
- Head piece permanently installs onto kingpin
- Head channel guides kingpin into place for easier hookup
- Allows fore, aft and lateral head articulation when connecting on uneven terrain
- Easy-to-reach release handle for ergonomic operation
- Three points of height adjustment from 16-3/8" to 20-3/8"
- Coupling point offset 5" rearward for added turning clearance
- High-grade, powder-coated steel for added strength vs. aluminum
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J2638
- Not compatible with X5 adapters
- Patent pending
- Capacity limited to lowest-rated towing component. Lippert trailer chassis approved. Will not void warranty.
- The 5” offset adds more turning clearance than traditional over-axle 5th wheel hitches, which may lessen the need for a slider. However, each truck-trailer configuration is different. Be sure to review each configuration and always ensure adequate trailer-to-cab clearance when maneuvering.
- Requires wedge #19283 to fit Turning Point 5th wheel pin boxes and wedge #19288 to fit Reese Sidewinder
- CURT part number: 16051
The CrossWing 5th wheel hitch gives you the best of both worlds by packing extraordinary strength into one lightweight hitch. With the main body weight of only 60 pounds, it is 65% lighter than most traditional 5th wheel hitches while still offering a 20,000 lb. weight capacity, so strength and muscle are not sacrificed. To add to its superior strength and integrity, it is made with high-grade steel vs. aluminum to ensure that its durability and solidity are truly uncompromised. The CrossWing combines a solid build with robust strength and state-of-the-art technology. Its patent-pending ShockDrop tech provides a smoother towing experience by reducing jerking and jarring, and its structure allows fore, aft and lateral head articulation when connecting on uneven terrain, so you can be comfortable and confident in your ride no matter what type of rugged roads you encounter. The CrossWing also features a reinforced head connection point that provides exceptional strength, along with a unique coupling system that eliminates guesswork by offering a visible contact surface. Made to create a simpler, smoother experience all around, the CrossWing contains an easy-to-reach release handle for ergonomic operation, and three points of height adjustment ranging from 16-3/8" to 20-3/8". Plus, with its lightweight, three-bolt assembly that is ready right out of the box, and head channel that guides the kingpin into place for an easier hookup, the CrossWing can be installed and removed by one person with ease. It is finished with a premium, carbide textured black powder coating for long-lasting rust resistance, providing an all-around hitch that takes towing up a notch. If you're an adventurer looking for reliable power, stability, and advanced towing technology all in one, the CrossWing 5th wheel hitch is undoubtedly the way to go.
- TESTED 20K STRENGTH - Unlike other light-duty 5th wheels, CrossWing is built with steel versus aluminum, allowing it to provide a 20K rating, tested to SAE J2638 specs (Lippert trailer chassis approved. Will not void warranty)
- 65% LIGHTER - Even with its robust 20,000-pound rating, CrossWing is still much lighter weight than traditional 5th wheel hitches, with the main body only weighing 60 pounds
- INCREASED COMFORT - Engineered with ShockDrop technology, CrossWing features a cushioned isolator that helps deter jerking, jarring, vibrations and rattling for a more comfortable ride while towing
- NO GUESSWORK - Hooking up with the CrossWing hitch is made simple with its unique coupling system. It eliminates guesswork by offering a visible contact surface while the head channel guides the kingpin into place
- ONE-PERSON INSTALL - With its lightweight design and the strategic placement of grip points for added comfort, this light-duty 5th wheel hitch can be installed in the truck bed with just one person (fits industry-standard rails; will not fit X5)
|Quantity In Package||1|
|Weight Capacity||20,000 lbs.|
|Gross Trailer Weight (GTW)||20,000 lbs.|
|Material Type||Carbon Steel|
|Warranty Term||Limited Lifetime|
|Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||16051|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More