Echo® Mobile Trailer Brake Controller
- Wireless, portable design allows for easy transfer from one vehicle to another
- Bluetooth connection to control all brake settings from your smartphone
- Custom-designed app monitors brake activity and sends status updates
- Zero-tool, plug-and-play install between vehicle-trailer 7-way connectors
- Triple-axis, motion-sensing accelerometer for highly responsive, smooth stops
- Stores multiple vehicle-trailer profiles
- Multi-color LED indicates power, trailer detection and wireless connectivity
- Potted circuit board is sealed off from the elements for lasting durability
- Locking tab helps maintain a strong 7-way connection
- Automatic calibration reduces setup requirements
- Downloadable app available for Apple iOS and Android OS
- Allows incoming calls to be received while app is running
- Compatible with low-volt, PWM, ABS, cruise control and electric over hydraulic
- Built-in reverse-polarity and short-circuit protection
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Assembled in USA
- If Bluetooth connection is lost, the brake controller will continue to function safely, using the most recently programmed settings.
- Warning: Avoid distracted driving. Only make adjustments when the vehicle is stationary.
- CURT part number: 51180
The CURT Echo mobile trailer brake controller is a Bluetooth-enabled device that wirelessly connects to your smartphone and allows you to control and monitor all trailer brake activity right from your own device. It features a simple, plug-and-play installation on your vehicle, a portable design to easily switch between vehicle-trailer combinations and a highly durable construction to outlast the elements.
The Echo brake controller brings your towing experience into the modern age. Powered by Bluetooth, it wirelessly connects to your smartphone without any extra wiring harnesses or modules required. Simply download the Smart Control app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device, plug the Echo into your vehicle and you're ready to start towing. The app allows you to create multiple vehicle-trailer profiles for different towing situations. Installing the Echo trailer brake controller is truly a plug-and-play experience. It is designed to insert in between the vehicle-trailer wiring connection and is compatible with any industry-standard 7-way RV blade plug. This design also allows the Echo to be easily transferred between vehicles, making it perfect for fleet vehicles or multiple-vehicle owners.
The Echo mobile trailer brake controller is built to withstand the outdoor elements, whether you're towing through rain, snow or sunshine. It features a potted enclosure. This means the interior of the Echo is filled with an epoxy resin that covers the internal electronics and seals them off from dirt and moisture. This promotes long-lasting durability and also helps reduce vibration. To further enhance the connection, the connector port of the Echo is equipped with a locking tab to connect to the 7-way vehicle socket.
The CURT Echo mobile brake controller operates with a tri-axis circuit for smooth stops going up or down a hill, and it is able to operate up to two to four trailer brakes at a time (one to two axles). It is also compatible with cruise control and ABS brakes.
- PORTABLE. The Echo trailer brake controller is so non-invasive in its installation that it can easily be transferred from one vehicle to another without skipping a beat. It simply plugs into any 7-way connector, wirelessly links to your smartphone and off you go! The highly compact, highly portable design can easily be stored in your glovebox when not in use.
- SMARTPHONE-READY. The Echo brake controller is powered by Bluetooth technology to wirelessly connect to your Apple or Android smartphone, turning it into a brake controller interface with the Smart Control app. It allows you to receiver incoming calls without interrupting operation, and if Bluetooth connection is lost, the brake controller will continue to function safely, using the most recently programmed settings (Warning: Avoid distracted driving. Only make adjustments when the vehicle is stationary).
- ZERO-TOOL INSTALL. Installing this aftermarket trailer brake controller is as easy as plugging in a 7-way trailer wiring connector. It requires no tools, no extra wires and no hardware. Just plug it in, open the app and you're ready to start towing. It also stores multiple vehicle-trailer profiles, great for multi-vehicle owners!
- HIGHLY RESPONSIVE. The Echo electric trailer brake controller uses a triple-axis accelerometer to provide smooth, safe braking. It is able to detect motion on three planes, meaning it doesn't matter if you're going up or down a hill. Echo always maintains responsive trailer braking, even when your smartphone screen is locked.
- VERSATILE. This electronic trailer brake controller easily transfers between vehicles and trailers and works on virtually any trailer with 1 to 2 axles (2 to 4 brakes). It is also fully compatible with cruise control, anti-lock brakes, low-voltage systems and PWM systems.
|Quantity In Package||1|
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Sales Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||51180|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More