Lewmar 40ST EVO Self Tailing Alloy Winch; Chrome
Our newest winch series is a self-tailing that is intuitive and adjusts to match the application and the spring jaw also adjust to various line diameters. Made from the finest quality materials, this winch works for cruising and racing sails.
- chrome bronze drum
- Winches 40 and larger can be converted to electric power using a conversion kit
- Seven-year warranty
- Stainless steel top feeder arm prevents line trap above jaws
- Intuitive self-tailing design
- Weighs 10.7 lbs.
- 5-13/16" base diameter x 6-1/4" H
- Gear Ratio of 1.9:1 in 1st gear; 5.8:1 in 2nd gear
- Power ratio of 13.2:1 in 1st gear; 5.8:1 in 2nd gear 40.2:1 in 2nd gear
The EVO ® Lewmar series is an answer to sailors request of a self-servicing winch with no tools. Available in a chrome bronze drum, this winch offers two speed gearing. The first gear works for adjustments in the sail trim or halyards and the second gear adjusts the sail trim and multiplies the energy into the handle of greater loads with less effort.
This size 40 winch is self-tailing and uses in intuitive cast stainless steel top mounted feeder arm that stops rope traps and easily guides the line onto a wave spring jaw. It has arrows to indicate rotation which is helpful to new sailors. Boaters love that the feeder position can be adjusted as needed. The wave spring jaw adjusts automatically to various line diameters and also serves as a cleat for sheets.
Converts To Electric Winch
Our winches over 40 can be converted to electric power using our conversion kits. Electric winches are great for cruising or when you are short some crew members. It measures 5-13/16" base diameter x 6-1/4" H and weighs 10.7 lbs. drum.
Lewmar, the world's premier leisure marine equipment supplier, designs, manufactures and distributes winches, hardware, hatches, port lights, glass & glazing, steering systems, bow thrusters, anchoring and windlass products. They are a proud member of the Lippert family, a leading global manufacturer and supplier of highly engineered products and solutions, dedicated to shaping, growing and bettering the RV, marine, automotive, commercial vehicle, and building products industries. Lippert's commitment to their customers is always moving forward, always making their experience better.
Lewmar EVO Series Winch 40 Two- Speed
- TOP-PERFORMING WINCH - Our self-tailing winch is built on the success and expert design of the Lewmar Ocean Winch. Made with the finest quality alloys and metals, this winch is what sailors need to trim their sails for a great day on the water
- TWO SPEEDS - These Lewmar sailboat winches have two gears. Gear one focuses on major adjustments to the halyards or sail trims while the second gear perfects the sail trim and allows you to handle heavier loads with less effort
- QUALITY DESIGN - Our sailboat winch has a stainless steel top mounted feeder arm that prevents line trap above jaws. The wave spring jaws adjusts to various line diameters for taut sails. The drum is made with a chrome bronze
- SIZED RIGHT - The Lewmar self-tailing winch measures 5-13/16" base diameter and is 6-1/4" tall. The gear ratio is 1.9:1 in 1st gear and 5.8:1 in 2nd gear and power ratio is 13.2: 1 in 1st gear and 40.2:1 in 2nd gear and weighs 10.7 lbs
- NO TOOLS - Lewmar has upped the winch game with this marine winch. No tools are needed and you simply unscrew the cap, remove the drum and have access to the gear train. All components are unique and can only be re-assembled one way-very simple
|Country of Origin||GBR|
|Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||49540056|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More