Lewmar 55E EVO Self Tailing ELS Winch with Load Sensing Control Box; Chrome
Our electric winch kits are what you need whether you're short-handed or on a long distance sail. The kit comes complete with the ELS series controller, circuit breaker or fuse and a deck switch. Enjoy a relaxed and comfortable sail.
- Complete kit with ELS series controller, circuit breaker/fuse and deck switch
- Trim your sails with the push of a button
- Electric Load Sensing controlled by Overload Protection Box
- Weighs 26.4 lbs.
- Easy installation
- Chrome Bronze Alloy Drum
- 8-1/16" base diameter x 9-11/32" H
- Gear ratio of 2.8:1 in 1st gear; 11.2:1 in 2nd gear Power ratio of 13.8:1 in 1st gear; 54:1 in 2nd gear
- Motor Thermal Trip motor cuts out if excessive heat buildup
Top-Performing Electric Winch
The EVO ® Lewmar electric winch kits have revolutionized sail trimming. The Electric Load Sensing (ELS) electric winches, designed by Lewmar, are controlled by an overload protection control box and allows the winch to be operated up to the safe working load of the specific winch. Once the load has been reached, the winch automatically cuts out and restarts when the load is below the safe working load and the winch can be restarted. The ELS has the motor thermal trip, a safeguard that stops the motor should there be excessive heat buildup.
This size 50 winch has an integrated investment-cast stainless steel feeder arm easily covers the winch. Because of this full coverage, sailors don't have to worry about having a rope trap above the wave spring jaws. The stripper position can be adjusted to feed the rope out of the jaws and into the cockpit.
Everything You Need
Our self-tailing electric winch kit has everything you need for a smooth sail with the touch of a button. The kit comes complete with an ELS series controller, fuse or circuit breaker and the deck switch. Installation is easy and no tools are needed to service the winch. The drum is made of chrome and bronze. Gear ratio of 2.8:1 in 1st gear; 11.2:1 in 2nd gear Power ratio of 13.8:1 in 1st gear; 54:1 in 2nd gear. Winch measures 8-1/16" base diameter X 9-11/32" H.
Lewmar EVO Series Winch 55 Two- Speed Features
- TOP-PERFORMING WINCH— Our self-tailing winch is built on the success and expert design of the Lewmar Ocean Winch. Made with the finest quality alloys and metals, this winch is what sailors need to trim their sails for a great day on the water
- ELECTRIC LOAD SENSING — Lewmar has upped the winch game with this electric sailboat winch. No tools are needed and you simply unscrew the cap, remove the drum and have access to the gear train. All components are unique and can only be re-assembled one way-very simple
- QUALITY DESIGN — Our sailboat winch has a stainless steel top mounted feeder arm that prevents line trap above jaws. The wave spring jaws adjusts to various line diameters for taut sails. The drum is made with chrome and bronze
- SIZED RIGHT — The Lewmar self-tailing winch measures The drum is made of chrome and bronze. Gear ratio of 2.8:1 in 1st gear; 11.2:1 in 2nd gear Power ratio of 13.8:1 in 1st gear; 54:1 in 2nd gear. Winch measures 8-1/16" base diameter X 9-11/32" H
- SELF-TAILING — Boaters love the Lewmar sailboat winches because of their intuitive self-tailing feature. The arrows easily show the rotation which is a big help to the less experienced crew members on your sailboat and helps keep your sails trimmed
|Country of Origin
|Unit of Measure
|Manufacturer Reference Number
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More