Lewmar 55ST EVO Self Tailing Alloy Winch; Grey
Our newest winch series is a self-tailing that is intuitive and adjusts to match the application and the spring jaw also adjust to various line diameters. Made from the finest quality materials, this winch works for cruising and racing sails.
- Gray Aluminum Anodized drum
- Winches 40 and larger can be converted to electric power using a conversion kit
- Seven-year warranty
- Stainless steel top feeder arm prevents line trap above jaws
- Intuitive self-tailing design
- Weighs 26.4 lbs.
- 8-1/16" base diameter x 9-11/32" H
- Gear Ratio of 2.8:1 in 1st gear; 11.2:1 in 2nd gear
- Power ratio of 13.8:1 in 1st gear; 54.1 in 2nd gear
The EVO® Lewmar series is an answer to sailors request of a self-servicing winch with no tools. Available in a chrome bronze drum, this winch offers two speed gearing. The first gear works for adjustments in the sail trim or halyards and the second gear adjusts the sail trim and multiplies the energy into the handle of greater loads with less effort.
This size 55 winch is self-tailing and uses in intuitive cast stainless steel top mounted feeder arm that stops rope traps and easily guides the line onto a wave spring jaw. It has arrows to indicate rotation which is helpful to new sailors. Boaters love that the feeder position can be adjusted as needed. The wave spring jaw adjusts automatically to various line diameters and also serves as a cleat for sheets.
Converts To Electric Winch
Our winches over 40 can be converted to electric power using our conversion kits. Electric winches are great for cruising or when you are short some crew members. This winch measures 8-1/16" base diameter x 9-11/32" H and weighs 26.4 lbs. This winch has an aluminum gray anodized drum.
Lewmar EVO Series Winch 55 Two- Speed
- TOP-PERFORMING WINCH— Our self-tailing winch is built on the success and expert design of the Lewmar Ocean Winch. Made with the finest quality alloys and metals, this winch is what sailors need to trim their sails for a great day on the water
- TWO SPEEDS — These Lewmar sailboat winches have two gears. Gear one focuses on major adjustments to the halyards or sail trims while the second gear perfects the sail trim and allows you to handle heavier loads with less effort
- QUALITY DESIGN — Our sailboat winch has a stainless steel top mounted feeder arm that prevents line trap above jaws. The wave spring jaws adjusts to various line diameters for taut sails. This winch's drum is a gray anodized aluminum
- SIZED RIGHT — The Lewmar self-tailing winch The winch measures 8-1/16" base diameter and is 9-11/32" tall. The gear ratio is 2.8:1 in 1st gear and 11.2: 1 in 2nd gear. The power ratio is 13.8: 1 in 1st gear and 54.1 in 2nd gear and weighs 26.4 lbs
- NO TOOLS — Lewmar has upped the winch game with this marine winch. No tools are needed and you simply unscrew the cap, remove the drum and have access to the gear train. All components are unique and can only be re-assembled one way-very simple
|Country of Origin||GBR|
|Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||49555057|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More