Pintle Hook (30,000 lbs., 2-1/2" or 3" Lunette Rings)
Free Shipping! (US and Canada only)
- Mounts on any CURT adjustable pintle mount
- Couples to lunette eyes with a 2-1/2" or 3" inside diameter
- Adjustable pintle mount allows for precise trailer leveling
- Spring-loaded locking arm for secure coupling
- Constructed from solid, forged steel for superior strength
- Protected by a durable powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- CURT part number: 48215
In agriculture, construction and even military applications, pintle hitches are the trusted product of specialized towing. They are notorious for their high weight capacity and simple design. The basic pintle hitch is essentially a hook and loop, with the hook attached to the vehicle and the loop mounted on the trailer. Because of their simple design, pintle hitches are able to have thicker metal construction and more secure coupling. CURT has a wide variety of pintle hitches and pintle-style products to give you a complete solution for your heavy-duty towing needs. Our pintle hooks are available in a receiver style, to fit a 2" x 2" receiver hitch, or in an adjustable style to mount onto an adjustable mounting plate. This heavy-duty pintle hook features a gross trailer weight capacity of 30,000 lbs. and a vertical load capacity of 8,000 lbs. (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc). It fits any lunette ring with a 2-1/2" or 3" inside eye diameter and comes with a safety pin for a secure latch. The heavyweight towing done with pintle hitches implies a certain amount of wear and tear on your towing equipment, and to prepare for this, CURT uses a quality finish on all our pintle mounts, lunette eyes and combination pintle hitches. This pintle hook is coated in a tough black carbide powder coat finish to provide the perfect amount of rust and scratch resistance needed to face the heavy-duty towing you do every day.
- VERSATILE TOWING. This pintle hook hitch equips your truck to tackle heavy-duty towing jobs in construction, agriculture, military settings and more. The pintle hook can be coupled to virtually any lunette ring with a 2-1/2-inch to 3-inch inside diameter.
- SECURE CONNECTION. To ensure a reliable connection to your trailer, this pintle hitch comes with a spring-loaded arm. The arm locks down onto the hook and can be secured with the included safety pin.
- DEPENDABLE STRENGTH. Get more done with the superior towing capacity of this pintle hook hitch. It is rated for a pintle capacity of 30,000 lbs. and 8,000 lbs. vertical load. The body is constructed from solid forged steel to promote maximum towing strength and confidence on the job.
- WEATHER-RESISTANT. This pintle hook is shielded in a highly durable powder coat finish for long-lasting resistance to rust, chipping and UV damage, in spite of rain, snow, mud and other outdoor elements.
- EASY TO INSTALL. This pintle hitch is easy and secure to install, using the included bolt kit. It is designed to mount onto any CURT pintle mount, including an adjustable pintle hitch mounting plate for convenient height adjustment and level towing (pintle mount sold separately).
|Quantity In Package||1|
|Gross Trailer Weight (GTW)||30,000 lbs.|
|Vertical Load Limit||8,000 lbs.|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Sales Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||48215|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More