Powered 3-to-2-Wire Taillight Converter
Free Shipping! (US and Canada only)
- Converts 3-wire vehicle electrical system to standard 2-wire trailer wiring
- 4-way flat output connects tail lights, brake lights and turn signals
- Constructed with SMT circuitry for better performance and durability
- Color-coded wires for easier installation
- Includes powered converter wiring kit #55151
- Snap locks included for fast, secure splicing
- No heavy-duty flasher required
- Dust cover included to keep connector clean when not in use
- CURT part number: 59187
When your vehicle does not readily provide an electrical connection for hooking up your trailer, CURT electrical converts offer the solution. Working tail lights on your trailer are absolutely essential any time you tow, and a converter provides an effective way to properly equip your vehicle for safe towing. A CURT electrical converter, much like our custom vehicle-to-trailer wiring harnesses, provides a trailer connector on your vehicle by slicing into the vehicle's electrical system. Electrical converters are designed to splice directly into the taillight wiring, rather than plugging into various sockets, giving them the nickname "taillight converters". Though it requires a little extra work compared to a custom wiring harness, a tail light converter offers a reliable, long-term connector solution. This CURT electrical converter is designed to convert a 3-wire system to a 2-wire system and provides a standard 4-way flat connector socket to plug in your trailer. This converter is made with cutting-edge surface-mount technology (SMT) circuitry, featuring electrical components that are mounted directly to the surface of the board rather than being inserted into a series of holes. SMT circuits have longer life cycles, lower resistance, reduced heat generation and are more reliable than through-hole-mounted components.
- RELIABLE POWER. This powered 3-to-2-wire taillight converter provides a dependable splice-in trailer wiring harness option, if a CURT custom trailer wiring harness is not available for your vehicle.
- STANDARD OUTPUT. This tail light converter converts the 3-wire vehicle electrical system to standard 2-wire trailer wiring and provides a standard 4-way flat socket to connect the taillights, brake lights and turn signals for towing.
- COLOR-CODED WIRES. To make installation faster and easier, this trailer wiring converter splices into your vehicle using color-coded wires (3.0 amps signal circuit, 5.0 amps taillight circuit).
- READY TO INSTALL. This trailer light converter comes ready to install on your vehicle. It includes a wiring kit to establish a connection to the vehicle battery, as well as snap locks for secure connection of the wires. No heavy-duty flashers required.
- WEATHER-RESISTANT. To help protect this trailer light converter from the elements, it comes with a rubber dust cover for the 4-pin wiring connector, shielding it from rain, dirt, dust and more when not in use.
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Quantity In Package||1|
|Sales Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||59187|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More