Powered 3-to-2-Wire Taillight Converter
Free Shipping! (US and Canada only)
- Converts 3-wire system to 2-wire trailer light wiring
- Potted enclosure significantly increases water and vibration resistance
- 4-way flat output connects tail lights, brake lights and turn signals
- Constructed with SMT circuitry for better performance and durability
- Provides improved overvolt, ESD and short-circuit protection
- Color-coded wires with wiring guide for easier installation
- Snap locks included for fast, secure splicing
- Dust cover included to keep connector clean when not in use
- Includes CURT powered converter wiring kit #55151
- CURT part number: 59496
CURT custom wiring is the best option for equipping your vehicle with a trailer wiring connector. It offers a vehicle-specific solution with no need for cutting, splicing or soldering. However, if custom wiring is not available for your specific vehicle, CURT offers the taillight converter -- a universal trailer wiring option. This CURT taillight converter provides a standard 4-way flat connection for hooking up your trailer lights to your vehicle. It features highly durable construction, able to withstand harsh elements, road salt and vibrations. The converter is built with a potted enclosure in which the electrical components are encased in a solid compound that seals them off from moisture and impacts. Even when mounted outside, underneath the vehicle, it provides long-lasting dependability. This taillight converter is compatible with a wide variety of vehicles, including models from Dodge, Ford, GM, Honda, Kia, Mazda, Nissan, Subaru, Toyota, Volkswagen, Volvo and many others (to verify your vehicle compatibility, see the CURT application guide at curtmfg.com). The converter is designed to convert a 3-wire vehicle system to function with a 2-wire trailer system. The converter features color-coded wires and a wiring guide for easier installation, and it comes with snap locks for a secure connection (powered taillight converter wiring kit #55151 also included). Most CURT taillight converters are constructed with surface-mount technology or SMT. This type of circuitry features smaller electrical components that mount directly to the face of the circuit board, resulting in reduced heat generation, enhanced performance under vibration conditions, maximum light intensity and maximum operating life. CURT converters are also fully tested, both optically and load-tested, to ensure reliable performance.
- FULLY SEALED. This trailer light converter features an epoxy-filled, potted enclosure that seals off the electrical components from moisture and vibrations, promoting increased longevity and allowing the converter to be mounted on the outside of the vehicle.
- RELIABLE POWER. This powered 3-to-2-wire taillight converter provides a dependable splice-in trailer wiring harness option, if a CURT custom trailer wiring harness is not available for your vehicle.
- STANDARD OUTPUT. This tail light converter converts the 3-wire vehicle electrical system to standard 2-wire trailer wiring and provides a standard 4-way flat socket to connect the taillights, brake lights and turn signals for towing.
- COLOR-CODED WIRES. To make installation faster and easier, this trailer wiring converter splices into your vehicle using color-coded wires.
- READY TO INSTALL. This trailer light converter comes ready to install on your vehicle. It includes a wiring kit to establish a connection to the vehicle battery, as well as snap locks for secure connection of the wires. No heavy-duty flashers required (3.0 amps signal circuit, 6.0 amps taillight circuit).
|Country of Origin||Philippines|
|Quantity In Package||1|
|Sales Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||59496|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More