Receiver-Mount Ball And Pintle Combo (2-1/2" Shank, 2-5/16" Ball, 20,000 lbs.)
Free Shipping! (US and Canada only)
- Fits trailer hitches with a 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" receiver tube opening
- Couples to 2-5/16" couplers or lunette eyes with a 2-1/2" or 3" inside diameter
- Spring-loaded locking arm for secure coupling
- Constructed from solid, forged steel for superior strength
- Protected by a durable powder coat finish
- Changeable trailer ball features a hard chrome finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- CURT part number: 48012
In agriculture, construction and even military applications, pintle hitches are the trusted product of specialized towing. They are notorious for their high weight capacity and simple design. The basic pintle hitch is essentially a hook and loop, with the hook attached to the vehicle and the loop mounted on the trailer. Because of their simple design, pintle hitches are able to have thicker metal construction and more secure coupling. CURT combination ball and pintle hitches combine both a pintle hook and a standard trailer ball to give you a more complete towing option on your heavy-duty truck or SUV. This particular receiver-mount ball and pintle hook is designed to insert into any 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" receiver tube. With a trailer ball capacity of 20,000 lbs., it offers a solid complement to any class 5 trailer hitch (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc). The pintle hook fits any lunette ring with a 2-1/2" or 3" inside eye diameter, while the trailer ball can be coupled to any 2-5/16" coupler. The heavy-duty towing done with pintle hitches brings with it a certain amount of wear and tear on your towing equipment, and to prepare for this, CURT uses a quality finish on all of our pintle mounts, lunette eyes and combination pintle hitches. This hitch-mounted ball and pintle combo is coated in a black powder coat finish with a chrome plating on the trailer ball, providing the perfect amount of rust and scratch resistance needed to face the heavy-duty towing you do every day.
- VERSATILE TOWING. This ball and pintle hitch combination equips your pickup truck to tackle a variety of heavy-duty towing jobs. The 2-5/16-inch diameter trailer ball can be coupled to a standard 2-5/16-inch trailer coupler or a lunette ring with a 2-1/2-inch to 3-inch inside diameter.
- CONVENIENT FIT. For maximum convenience and an easy installation whenever needed, this pintle hitch features a 2-1/2-inch x 2-1/2-inch shank to fit virtually any industry-standard 2-1/2-inch hitch receiver. This makes it the perfect accessory for many heavy-duty class 5 hitches.
- DEPENDABLE STRENGTH. Get more done with the superior towing capacity of this ball and pintle hook combo. It is rated for a pintle capacity of 20,000 lbs. and a ball capacity of 20,000 lbs. The body is constructed from solid forged steel to promote maximum towing strength and confidence on the job.
- SECURE CONNECTION. To ensure a reliable connection to your trailer, this pintle hitch comes with a spring-loaded arm. The arm locks down onto the hitch ball and can be secured with the included safety pin.
- WEATHER-RESISTANT. This ball and pintle hook hitch is shielded in a highly durable powder coat finish for long-lasting resistance to rust, chipping and UV damage, in spite of rain, snow, mud and other outdoor elements.
|Quantity In Package||1|
|Gross Trailer Weight (GTW)||20,000 lbs.|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Sales Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||48012|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More