Receiver-Mount Pintle Hook (2" Shank, 10,000 lbs., 2-1/2" Lunette Rings)
Free Shipping! (US and Canada only)
- Fits trailer hitches with a 2" x 2" receiver tube opening
- Couples to lunette eyes with a 2-1/2" inside diameter
- Spring-loaded locking arm for secure coupling
- Constructed from solid, forged steel for superior strength
- Protected by a durable powder coat finish
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- CURT part number: 48005
In agriculture, construction and even military applications, pintle hitches are the trusted product of specialized towing. They are notorious for their high weight capacity and simple design. The basic pintle hitch is essentially a hook and loop, with the hook attached to the vehicle and the loop mounted on the trailer. Because of their simple design, pintle hitches are able to have thicker metal construction and more secure coupling. This particular receiver-mount pintle hook is designed to insert into any 2" x 2" receiver tube. With a solid shank and a gross trailer weight capacity of 10,000 lbs., it offers a solid complement to most class 4 and class 5 trailer hitches (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component; i.e. the vehicle, hitch, trailer, etc). The pintle hook fits any lunette ring with a 2-1/2" inside eye diameter, and it comes with a safety pin for secure coupling. The heavy-duty towing done with pintle hitches brings with it a certain amount of wear and tear on your towing equipment, and to prepare for this, CURT uses a quality finish on all of our pintle mounts, lunette eyes and combination pintle hitches. This hitch-mounted pintle hook is coated in a black powder coat finish to provide the perfect amount of rust and scratch resistance needed to face the heavy-duty towing you do every day.
- VERSATILE TOWING. This pintle hook hitch equips your truck to tackle heavy-duty towing jobs in construction, agriculture, military settings and more. The pintle hook can be coupled to virtually any lunette ring with a 2-1/2-inch inside diameter.
- CONVENIENT FIT. For maximum convenience and an easy installation whenever needed, this pintle hitch features a 2-inch x 2-inch shank to fit virtually any industry-standard 2-inch hitch receiver. This makes it the perfect accessory for most class 3, class 4 and class 5 hitches.
- SECURE CONNECTION. To ensure a reliable connection to your trailer, this pintle hitch comes with a spring-loaded arm. The arm locks down onto the hook and can be secured with the included safety pin.
- DEPENDABLE STRENGTH. Get more done with the superior towing capacity of this pintle hook hitch. It is rated for a pintle capacity of 10,000 lbs. The body is constructed from solid forged steel to promote maximum towing strength and confidence on the job.
- WEATHER-RESISTANT. This pintle hook is shielded in a highly durable powder coat finish for long-lasting resistance to rust, chipping and UV damage, in spite of rain, snow, mud and other outdoor elements.
|Quantity In Package||1|
|Gross Trailer Weight (GTW)||10,000 lbs.|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Sales Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||48005|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More