SecureLatch Receiver-Mount Ball And Pintle Hitch (2" Shank, 2-5/16" Ball, 14K)
Free Shipping! (US and Canada only)
- Auto-locking system secures primary latch without manual coupling required
- Cupped hook tightly holds lunette ring fore and aft to reduce chucking and noise
- Built-in back plate helps position coupler or lunette ring for easier hookup
- Integrated, intermediate safety chain hangers keep chains off the ground
- Rated for 14,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and 14,000 lbs. ball capacity
- Fits trailer hitches with a 2" x 2" receiver tube opening
- Couples to 2-5/16" couplers or lunette rings with a 2-1/2" or 3" inside diameter
- Cast iron construction is austempered for superior strength and wear resistance
- Textured, dark grey teridium finish for a premium look on your vehicle
- Bright gold zinc-plated hardware for long-lasting corrosion resistance
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Safety pin must be installed before towing
- CURT part number: 48406
The CURT SecureLatch pintle ball hitch makes coupling to your trailer virtually automatic with its innovative auto-locking technology. The auto-lock automatically latches the lunette ring onto the hook without any manual coupling required. Strike the integrated back plate, drop the lunette ring down onto the hook and you're ready to tow -- just insert the secondary safety pin! This SecureLatch ball and pintle hook combination also has a unique, cupped design to hold the lunette ring more tightly, greatly reducing chucking noises common in pintle towing. This pintle hitch is rated for 14,000 pounds gross trailer weight and 14,000 pounds ball capacity. It fits any industry-standard 2-inch receiver. The ball and hook combo can be coupled to a 2-5/16-inch standard coupler or 2-1/2-inch or 3-inch diameter lunette rings.
- AUTO-LOCKING. This SecureLatch pintle hook and ball automatically couples to a lunette ring, featuring an auto-lock. Just back up and strike the built-in back plate. Drop the lunette ring, and the primary latch automatically engages. Just insert the secondary safety pin and you're ready to tow!
- REDUCED CHUCKING. This pintle hook hitch is quieter and smoother than other pintle hooks, featuring a unique cupped design. It holds the ring tighter fore and aft to reduce play and chucking noise.
- SUPERIOR STRENGTH. The SecureLatch ball and pintle hitch is constructed from cast iron and is austempered for superior strength and wear resistance. It is rated for 14,000 pounds gross trailer weight and 14,000 pounds ball capacity.
- PREMIUM FINISH. For a premium look on your vehicle and superior corrosion resistance, this pintle ball hitch has a durable dark grey teridium powder coat finish.
- STANDARD FIT. This pintle hook and ball will couple to any lunette ring with a 2-1/2-inch or 3-inch inside diameter or a standard 2-5/16-inch coupler. It installs into any industry-standard 2-inch receiver.
|Gross Trailer Weight (GTW)||14,000 lbs.|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Sales Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||48406|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More