Short Trunnion Bar Weight Distribution Hitch Kit (8K - 10K lbs., 28-3/8" Bars)
Free Shipping! (US and Canada only)
This item is currently experiencing unusually long shipping times.
- Levels tow vehicle and trailer by redistributing a portion of the tongue weight
- Includes sway control kit #17200 to help reduce trailer sway
- Equipped with 28-3/8" trunnion-style, forged steel spring bars
- Heavy-duty, formed head can be adjusted for precise leveling
- Sway control easily mounts on built-in sway control attachment tabs
- 2" shank can be flipped to provide necessary drop or rise
- 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" WD replacement shank also available
- Snap-up brackets and lift handle allow for easy leveraging of spring bars
- Protected by a highly durable carbide powder coat finish
- Includes a pre-torqued 2-5/16" trailer ball
- Limited lifetime warranty (one-year finish, one-year parts)
- Includes weight distribution hitch, sway control unit and trailer ball
- CURT part number: 17322
The CURT weight distribution hitch is a specialized towing system that provides improved vehicle and trailer control by leveling the trailer and more evenly distributing its tongue weight across the trailer's and vehicle's axles. Weight distribution hitches are commonly used on travel trailers and campers but can also be applied to other large loads. CURT WD hitches come with a 2" x 2" shank and are compatible with class 3, 4 and most 5 trailer hitches, including Xtra Duty and Commercial Duty (2-1/2" replacement WD shank may be required), as well as some RV trailer hitches. While a weight distribution hitch will increase the gross trailer weight capacity of most trailer hitches, the vehicle's weight carrying capacity must be taken into consideration before towing a heavier trailer (NOTE: Never exceed the lowest weight capacity of any towing component).This trunnion bar weight distribution hitch features a heavy-duty formed head and square spring bars constructed from forged steel. It offers a gross trailer weight capacity up to 10,000 lbs. and a tongue weight capacity of 1,000 lbs. It also includes hook-up brackets, spring bar safety chains, a trailer ball and a pin and clip. To protect this hitch from scratching, chipping, rust and UV damage, it also comes with a durable black powder coat finish. For added sway control, this weight distribution hitch includes a sway control unit. While weight distribution hitches are an effective solution for stabilizing and leveling out your towing rig, they should not be considered a sway control. However, when combined with a CURT sway control kit, the WD hitch maximizes its effectiveness in controlling sway. The sway control kit includes a sway control unit, trailer balls to attach to the trailer and hitch, a reinforcement plate and attachment clips.
- LEVEL TOWING. This weight distribution hitch offers a smoother ride and improved control by distributing the tongue weight of the trailer across the vehicle-trailer combination and leveling the load. It also includes a trailer sway control bar to further enhance driver control by resisting trailer sway.
- RELIABLE STRENGTH. This load-leveling hitch is constructed with a formed steel head and has 28-3/8-inch long forged steel spring bars. It is rated to tow 8,000 to 10,000 lbs. gross trailer weight and 800 to 1,000 lbs. tongue weight.
- STANDARD FIT. To ensure maximum versatility, this stabilizer hitch comes with a highly adjustable 2-inch shank that fits virtually any industry-standard 2-inch trailer hitch receiver. It also includes a pre-torqued 2-5/16-inch trailer ball for ready coupling.
- CORROSION-RESISTANT. For long-lasting resilience to the elements, this weight distribution hitch is covered in a durable carbide black powder coat finish.
- EASY SETUP. This CURT weight distribution hitch comes with snap-up brackets for mounting onto the trailer frame and a lift handle for improved leverage. It is also easily adjustable to accommodate various vehicles and trailers.
|Gross Trailer Weight (GTW)||10,000 lbs.|
|Tongue Weight Capacity||1,000 lbs.|
|Country of Origin||China|
|Sales Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||17322|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More