Spectrum Trailer Brake Controller
Free Shipping! (US and Canada only)
- Controls all brake settings with a simple push-button rotary knob
- Clean, dash-mounted, OEM-style user interface with 10 tri-color LEDs
- Main module can be mounted out of sight
- Triple-axis, motion-sensing accelerometer for highly responsive, smooth stops
- Easily accessible manual override with the press of a button
- Features two installation options: drill mount or surface adhesive mount
- User-selectable power output and trailer brake light activation
- Automatic leveling and calibration eliminate setup requirements
- Equipped with a quick plug for easy, plug-and-play installation
- Operates 2-8 trailer brakes at a time (1-4 axles)
- Built-in reverse-polarity and short-circuit protection
- Compatible with low-volt, PWM, ABS, cruise control and electric over hydraulic
- Tow vehicle 'low voltage' and trailer disconnect indicators
- Limited lifetime warranty
- Includes mounting hardware
- Knob outside diameter is 1.9"
- Main module can be mounted out of sight
- CURT part number: 51170
The CURT Spectrum trailer brake controller provides powerful brake operation while maintaining a clean, consistent OE look and feel on the dash of your vehicle. It is comprised of a main module and a separate user interface. This interface is a simple rotary knob with a push-button and ten tri-color LEDs to control and monitor all trailer brake activity. It also features a triple-axis accelerometer for highly responsive, smooth stops on any grade. The separated module and interface of the Spectrum brake controller allow it to integrate with the vehicle unlike any other. The main module can be mounted behind the dash and completely out of sight. The separate rotary knob provides a sleek, subtle interface that mounts on the dash of the vehicle wherever desired. It features ten LEDs with three colors each (red, green and blue) to indicate trailer brake activity and power adjustment. The rotary knob and integrated push-button allow for simple and effective operation of the control settings and manual adjustment. The Spectrum trailer brake controller offers superior safety and helps protect the life of your vehicle and trailer with its advanced triple-axis accelerometer. This integrated circuit detects the motion of the vehicle and trailer when making stops and applies the precise amount of brake power for maximum efficiency and effectiveness. The three axes of the circuit also enable the brake control to compensate when going up or down a hill. Like most CURT brake controllers, the Spectrum installs using one of our vehicle-specific quick plug harnesses. It also has automated leveling and calibration capabilities to simplify and speed up the installation process. The Spectrum trailer brake controller comes with mounting hardware for a complete installation.
- FACTORY LOOK. The Spectrum trailer brake controller is designed to mount onto the dash of your vehicle and integrate with the other controls like a factory brake controller. It allows you to control and monitor all brake settings using a simple but powerful push-button rotary knob with 10 tri-color LEDs.
- HIDDEN MAIN MODULE. To maintain powerful trailer brake operation without obstructing your vehicle dash, the computer module of this brake controller is separate from the control knob and can be mounted out of sight. The knob can be mounted on your dash with a drill mount or surface adhesive mount.
- INTELLIGENT BRAKING. This trailer brake controller operates with an integrated circuit called a triple-axis accelerometer. This circuit detects motion on three planes and provides braking power accordingly. Up or down a hill, Spectrum offers safe, smooth, responsive braking.
- EASY ADJUSTMENT. The Spectrum electric brake controller is highly adjustable to accommodate different vehicles, trailers and loads. The push-button knob offers easily accessible manual override whenever needed, and it features driver-selectable power output.
- SIMPLE SETUP. The Spectrum electric trailer brake controller easily plugs into your vehicle using a vehicle-specific quick plug harness (sold separately). It also has automatic leveling and calibration. It can be used with trailers with 1 to 4 axles (2 to 8 brakes) and is fully compatible with cruise control, anti-lock brakes, low-voltage systems and PWM systems.
|Country of Origin||China|
|Quantity In Package||1|
|Sales Unit of Measure||EA|
|Manufacturer Reference Number||51170|
Explore manuals, videos, FAQs and more associated with this product.Learn More